Despite the title, this is NOT a fear-mongering post. I’m talking little kid spooky, fun and games, trick or treat… I’m talking about our (now) Annual South Austin Spooktacular Meeting!! This year the meeting lands on Friday, October 30th and will start at 10 am, just like our regular meeting…. EXCEPT this meeting will be AWESOME!!!
We’ll be having three distinct activities:
1. Trick or Treat Around the Gym!
2. Coloring Stations for your budding artist!
3. Photo Contest with… a PRIZE!!! (because that’s how we roll, obvi)
“But Cynthia,” I hear you say… “my kid is allergic to everything… doesn’t eat candy… is three months old?
That’s cool! We’re teal pumpkin Trick or Treating…
and will have non-food options, but breast milk or formula will NOT be available… so… eat your baby’s candy yourself!! I promise at 3 months, they won’t know. Just do it quickly and quietly.
Or find your friendly neighborhood BWI bloggers. We love candy!
As an added bonus, all our trick-or-treaters get THIS awesome bag courtesy of Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative. Electrifying!
“Uhm… But Cynthia, I was hoping to be able to learn how to wear my squish in a ring sling at this meeting.”
Excellent!! I love squishes in ring slings. That aside, there WILL be regularly scheduled instruction, rentals, and the knowledgeable faces you have come to know and love. Except for this meeting, your VBE may be an Ewok.
Now, lets talk about our photo contest! Here are the rules:
- Anyone attending the meeting is eligible to enter.
- Costume does not have to include babywearing to win.
- Photos will be posted in the Facebook discussion group after the meeting.
- Voting will be open until Sunday at 9pm.
- Winner announced Monday morning via FB page, group & Instagram.
- Photo with the most “likes” wins.
This year’s prize is on our our lovely reusable shopping bags with a kid-sized ring sling, a wrap scrap key chain and other goodies!